Tuesday 7 August 2012

Pretty in Paisley

One of the biggest trends this summer has been the paisley print, which I have to admit when I first saw Jessie J on The Voice repping these prints, I wasn't sold. I always remember paisley being a really boring print when I was younger, however when I saw how the highstreet designers were experimenting with this print, I was very pleasantly surprised, and found myself beginning to really like it, especially on the shirts and cute summer dresses.


1. Asos Leggings in Mono Paisley Print £18

2. Jonathan Saunders Boyfriend Tshirt in Bright Paisley £97.50

3. Topshop Paisley Cut out Sun Dress, Was £38, Now £18

4. Topshop Ombre Paisley Pinafore Dress £46

5. Boohoo Polly Paisley Print Shorts £10



I definitely prefer the bolder prints, than the more delicate and detailed, as you may tell in the 'faves' I have chosen. I enjoy the occasion of two trends clashing in both the Jonathan Sanders piece and the Ombre Paisley Pinafore- I think this gives each garment a burst of summer.
I have also become a big fan of the printed leggings recently, I think it can give a large statement on a more relaxed outfit. Also, why not dress it up for a late night with your ladies: these funky leggings, teamed with some big black wedges and a black silky vest top.

There was a blue paisley shirt that I adored as soon as I saw it in Topshop a couple of months ago, but I thought it was too expensive at the time- think it was over £50ish, however you should have seen me try and contain my excitement when I saw it in the sale only a couple of weeks after I first spotted it. Sorry you can hardly see it in this photo, it was the only one I could find of it, as I accidentally left it at my uni house.


This print is hanging about for next season : some more subtle designs, but toning down the bright colours for a more autumn feel, so keep experimenting and let me know what you think of this Persian motif?

A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment